Connecting to self-love
When we begin to fully love ourselves, all parts of our body, our thoughts and our actions naturally change. We move into acceptance and forgiveness of our human experience of who we are. The negative self-talk subsides, and our self-care efforts become more comfortable to maintain. Just as importantly, when we learn techniques for our own self-love, it becomes easier for us to teach self-love to our children.
- Connect to the earth, feel mother earth supporting you from the ground up.
- Allow the energy from this connection to come up into your heart.
- Then have the intent to connect to your Highest Self, beyond space and time and outside of the illusion.
- Visualise your energy moving up through your crown higher and higher into pure light, connecting to your highest self.
- Allow the feeling of pure unconditional love to flow back down from this connection into your heart, into your body.
- Repeat the mantra – "I love you, I love you, I love you". Feel the energy of love, witness the mantra fill all spaces of you, allow yourself to receive.
This can be beneficial for just three-minutes a day, or you can expanding into this practice for longer.
This guide can be adapted to your own personal practice and that for your children. Kids pick this up so quickly. The younger ones have no resistance to telling themselves "I love you".